Sweet Sixteen: Anniversary Celebration
August 13 @ 4:00 pm - August 15 @ 2:00 pm UTC-6
Sweet Sixteen: Anniversary Celebration
Countless hands have contributed to building our incredible center, Clear Sky. It is with deep gratitude that we excitedly share this opportunity to join in celebration, connection and growth.
Join us for a weekend of awakening, community and celebration.
This offering is available to people who have not experienced symptoms associated with COVID-19 for the two weeks prior to the event start date. You will be asked to take an online assessment prior to your stay, to bring your own mask and to follow our physical distancing requirements while on site.
Learn more about our COVID policy here.
Choose Your Own Adventure
The celebration features two optional components:
- An optional Tantric Deep Dive retreat (featuring 12 Empowerments over 6 days), August 6-12th;
- A weekend celebration after the Tantric Deep Dive, August 13-15th;
- You may register for just the Tantric Deep Dive or just the Sweet Sixteen – but we recommend diving in head first and joining in both festivities!
What can I Expect?
Weekend festivities include:
- Time with our incredible Teachers and Sangha;
- Blessing our future temple site;
- A worldwide meditation;
- Creative expression opportunities in dance, voice, improv and art;
- Dinner and dance under the stars in the Food Forest.
Our Founding Teachers
Doug Duncan and Catherine Pawasarat are Dharma and meditation teachers who founded Clear Sky Meditation Centre, BC, Canada. Achariya Doug Duncan received lay ordination from Namgyal Rinpoche in 1978, and is a lineage holder in that teaching. Known for his direct, humourous and compassionate engagement with students, Doug embraces various traditions, contemporary psychology, and science, to mentor all beings to a more awakened state. Catherine Pawasarat has trained daily with Acariya Doug Duncan since 1998 in an intensive spiritual apprenticeship that is rare in the modern West. She received lay ordination from Namgyal Rinpoche in 2003. In addition to Buddhist philosophy and its applications to daily life, Catherine also draws on generative living and the arts. With Doug she is co-founder of Clear Sky Retreat Center in the BC Rockies.
Dana: This course is offered by Doug and Catherine Sensei through the ancient principle of generosity, or Dāna. The retreat fee covers the cost of food and accommodation, whereas the Teachings are offered by generosity. Learn more about Dāna here.
Pricing: As a charitable organization, we strive to provide locally sourced organic meals and comfortable accommodations at an affordable price. Fees vary depending on your accommodation choice and early bird pricing.
Please note, we are taking measures to keep us all healthy during this retreat, including:
- You must have experienced no symptoms associated with COVID-19 in the past 14 days and will be required to take an online assessment prior to your stay.
- You have not travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days.
- Physical distancing (2m) amongst all visiting retreatants will be observed during this retreat.
- Please bring your own face mask(s) that you will feel comfortable wearing. When physical distancing is not possible during this retreat, you will be asked to wear a mask.
- Sanitation and hand washing procedures will be explained when you come and must be followed.
Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy here.
Arrival is Friday, August 13th at 4pm.
Departure is Sunday, August 15th at 2pm.
Airport pickups can be booked when you register for the retreat. On the rare chance that this retreat is cancelled, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance.
Travel Restrictions, COVID-19 Policy: Please contact us – Email [email protected] or (250) 429-3929 for details/options for local participation.
Details coming soon.
Located in the BC rocky mountains, we offer over 300-acres to deepen your practice and reconnect with nature. Founded by Doug Duncan and Catherine Pawasarat, we are home to students from around the globe who are dedicated to co-creating a supportive and innovative space for awakening in our modern world.
To help you get acquainted with us, some community members made this short video during our 2019 Buddhas in Action retreat. To learn more about us and our incredible community, click here!