private cabin retreats
Disconnect your phone and reconnect with yourself.
Meditation Retreats in Canada
Clear Sky Meditation Center’s Private Cabin Retreats:
- For those looking for the space to slow down and reconnect with themselves;
- For those who already have a regular meditation practice;
- Structure, support, and guidance for newer meditators looking to develop a practice;
- Flexibility to accommodate your individual practice;
- Stays from three nights to three months;
- All your meals are provided;
- Close to the US Border, Calgary, and Cranbrook International Airport.
Meditate in the B.C. Rockies
Space to unplug and rediscover your true nature.
If you are looking for space and solitude in a beautiful natural setting for your personal transformation, then a Private Cabin Retreat may be right for you.
Whether this is your first retreat or one of many, we can help you create a retreat that supports your unfoldment.
- Daily check-ins or optional meditation guidance with an experienced guide;
- 1-2 hours of mindful activity (Karma Yoga) to ground and provide balance;
- Meditation books and materials available.
Choose this package if you:
- Have experience with meditation and you already have a practice or are looking to establish a regular practice;
- Can comfortably meditate for at least 30-minutes;
- Welcome a balance of formal sitting meditation with mindful activities (Karma Yoga) such as gardening, harvesting or cleaning with your personal practice.
- Private Cabin Retreats are a solo experience. They are not for everyone. If you are not comfortable spending time alone, or if you’d prefer more support and connection with others, we recommend an online course, group retreat or our Three Month Intensive.
What to Expect
- A one-on-one orientation upon arrival and an exit-interview when you leave;
- Daily check-ins with a Clear Sky resident or optional daily meditation guidance from an experienced guide;
- Space to unplug: our cabins do not have electricity or plumbing.
- Cabins are equipped with lanterns, wood stoves and propane heaters. Bathrooms, laundry and electricity are in close proximity to the cabins.
- Local organic omnivore meals, mindfully prepared by meditators. We adjust for dietary needs upon request;
- To facilitate a deeper retreat, enjoy eating in silence;
- One-two hours per day of mindful activity (Karma Yoga). Learn more here.
- Orient yourself with the schedule for arrival, departure and daily practice;
- For all your questions about what to bring, travel and accommodation click here.
In keeping with our Mission and Values, your health and wellness is our top priority. After thoughtful assessment, we are open for solitary retreats.
If you have any questions about our policy, please contact [email protected]
“Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water.” -Zen Koan
Karma Yoga is the practice of bridging mindful awareness with your actions.
It is central to our practice at Clear Sky because we believe that bringing mindful awareness into our activities makes us more more clear, compassionate and effective at work, at home and in our relationships. And from there we can change the world!
Mindful Karma Yoga can include seasonal activities such as:
- General maintenance on the property (for example, chopping firewood or shovelling snow in the fall and winter);
- Gardening, weeding, and harvesting in our garden or food forest (spring & summer);
- Simple ironing or cleaning activities.
People often find this a supportive part of their day, particularly in a short retreat. They report feeling more energized and focussed when they go back to their formal practice.
We’re at 3567 Cockell Road, Bull River, B.C., Canada.
- 2 hour drive from Whitefish, MT;
- 4 hour drive from Calgary, AB;
- 40 minutes from Cranbrook International Airport (pickups available);
- Click here to see a map of our location.
Mentoring is when an experienced meditator meets with you on a set schedule each day. It may include:
- Guidance on techniques and tools;
- Information on wisdom traditions and teachings;
- Direction to books from the Clear Sky library
questions and answers.
Guide Sessions are given freely by our Senior Residents and follows the practice of dana (pay-by-the-heart) which may be paid on registration or when onsite.