If you want to deeply change how you relate to life, then our Karma Yoga (mindful service) immersion program may be just what you’re ready for.
Re-nourish your soul, while highly developing your ability to walk in the complex modern world – with real consciousness, love and awareness. All through mindful service and training.
We may be a good fit for you if you’re
- looking to spend three months, or longer, focused on fast-tracking your growth
- seeking new ways to deepen your spiritual practice
- open to finding new levels of freedom, by looking at patterns and views that limit you
- willing to consider input and training offered by others
I am not sure that my family will recognize me! I know I am transformed from my stay in the karma yoga program at Clear sky center, my heart is tenderer, my ears are sincerely listening, my body is grounded and I can be content with this moment without negotiation.
—Maryline Fortier (far right) – June 2015
What is Karma Yoga?
Karma Yoga is mindful action and interaction through the day; that’s why we also call it Awakening in Action.
Doing an hour of Karma Yoga, or mindful service, can bring insights that might not arise in years on the meditation cushion. Why? It’s all there right in the moment, if you’re paying attention!
Without the usual motivations for doing something – such as money, or our own preferences or desires – we can see more clearly our reactions, views, and preferences, which are arising constantly. Through this, we can quickly and vividly reveal deep patterns that are holding us back. Gradually, we’re freed from these patterns and learn to work with them.
And the meaning of the words Karma Yoga?
Traditionally “Karma”’ is translated as action, and the effects of action and ‘yoga’ as union.‘ Karma Yoga’ is therefore a path to realisation, or union, through action.
I’m appreciating more and more how amazing you all are. I’m very pleased how the dharma I gained at Clear Sky has not been dying out in me as I feared, but feels like a seed that is now germinating in me and promising future fruit. I’m so grateful to you all 🙂
— Vanessa Bachynsky, 2015
What are the benefits of Karma Yoga?
Those who do it know that Karma Yoga is a kick-ass way to get more awake. It’s a path for quick transformation, one that you can use at work or while taking out the trash.
- strengthens and grows our capacity for greater generosity, discipline, patience, focus, wisdom and JOY.
- helps free us from going-nowhere patterns and opens up new paths of exploration and discovery.
- develops skill and compassion in communication, teamwork and relationships, which allows us to connect more deeply.
- boosts our creativity, clarity, and ability to act wisely, quickly.
- helps us integrate our inner meditative work with our daily lives; it actualizes the meaningful changes we are seeking.
..asking, “What can I do to help the team?” is important for expanding the spectrum of how you show up.
– Founding teacher, Catherine Pawasarat Sensei
One of the reasons joy is joy is because the release of joy is preceded by the tension of effort
– Founding teacher, Doug Duncan Sensei
How exactly do I train in Karma Yoga?
Put very simply, Dharma Training emphasizes mindfulness at the core of everything we do, and where we’re not mindful indicates where we have room to grow. When you spend time at Clear Sky as a karma yogi, our resident teachers and trainers will gradually help you see your blind spots. Blinds spots are where we lose mindfulness, where we act unconsciously because we’re in “habit mind,” or are driven by our preferences.
Of course, this isn’t always easy to hear, and it’s important that you’re open to considering and exploring things that challenge your own views. Living in a community focused on waking up can feel intense.
Between them, our experienced Dharma Trainers have also received decades of training. They pull from knowledge gleaned from ancient Buddhist teachings, while giving equal weight to any school of thought. We can get more awake from anything that leads to more conscious and sustainable ways of being. This includes but isn’t limited to psychology, holistic management, living in community, and systems thinking.
As part of the management team and as a karma yogini, I’ve learned the wisdom of combining skillful interpersonal communication with organizational ability and compassionate training with a heart of loving-kindness.
— Linda Yamashita, January 2013
What a dramatic shift in my view of human beings since my service stay program at Clear sky center. Others are not a threat! In fact, learning to live with each others has been the most powerful and transformative experience in my life.
— Maryline Fortier, June 2015
Are you ripe for the challenge?
If you’re looking for a life-changing experience, are curious, and value a community that connects deeply, then apply today.
We welcome all applications including those from people who have little or no experience with meditation, and are looking to explore spirituality in community.
- Applications are welcome at all times, and we can be flexible enough to fast-track entry based on mutual benefit.
- For greatest chance of acceptance into the Karma Yoga program, we recommend applying six to nine months prior to the time you wish to join us.
- Those with the most flexibility may receive priority placement in the program.
If you want an experience that helps to wake you up and brings you greater personal mastery, we’d love to hear from you today.
Have you read the On-site Karma Yoga Program page to see what we’re looking for, and your commitment? If not, please check there first.
We’d love to hear from you.