Experienced Meditator Package
The support to let go into deep Transformation
For those who already have a strong practice, have done meditation retreats before and know they can keep focused for eight hours or more without much guidance.
This package provides the support and flexibility to help you let go into a deeper practice.
In keeping with our Mission and Values, your health and wellness is our top priority. After thoughtful assessment, we are open for solitary retreats.
To participate in a retreat, you must follow the Province of British Columbia’s Social Interaction Guidelines for at least two-weeks prior to your retreat.
If you have any questions about our policy, please contact Michelle, our incredible Sales Manager: [email protected]
Stay from three-nights to three-months.
We provide books and materials to create a supportive retreat. This package includes one hour of mindful activity (Karma Yoga) and optional group meditations.
This package helps you create a retreat that supports your practice and goes as deep as you’re ready.
Choose this package if you:
- Are comfortable meditating for at least eight hours a day.
- Or, are working with a teacher who has suggested you do a solitary retreat.
- If we haven’t met you yet, you can provide references that support your experiential background.
- Have your own established practice and are seeking the space to deepen it.
- See the benefit of integrating one hour of mindful activities (Karma Yoga) such as gardening, harvesting or cleaning with your personal practice.
- Although Clear Sky is a modern monastery, our personal retreat packages are designed for you to have solo silent time, not to be part of the community or interact in the daily residential life of the Center. If you are looking for a community retreat experience this package will not be for you.
What to Expect
- A one-on-one orientation upon arrival and an exit-interview.
- Space to unplug: our cabins do not have electricity or plumbing. Cabins are equipped with lanterns, wood stoves and propane heaters. Bathrooms, laundry and electricity are in close proximity to cabins.
- Local organic omnivore meals, mindfully prepared by meditators. We adjust for dietary needs upon request.
- To facilitate a deeper retreat, enjoy to eating alone or in silence with other meditators.
- To facilitate transition in and out of retreat, your first and last meal would normally be with our Founding Teachers and/or Clear Sky residents. This gives you an opportunity to ask questions and get to know the team. Unfortunately, due to current Covid Restrictions we are unable to have you join the onsite team for meals.
- Optional group meditations daily.
- Going from busy daily life into silence can be jarring. This is why we include one hour per day of mindful activity (Karma Yoga) in this package. The Karma Yoga practice that is part of your retreat helps with this phenomena. It brings the meditative practice closer to your daily life. Doing Karma Yoga, working with mindfulness and intention, you learn to integrate the practice into your daily activity as part of the retreat. Our participants repeatedly tell us how the mindful activity sessions helped them stay grounded during that transition. Learn more here.
- Orient yourself with the schedule for arrival, departure and daily practice.
- See what to bring, travel and accommodation here.
“Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water.”
– Zen proverb
As busy Westerners, many of us are used to “doing” and simply doing nothing can be challenging.
Karma Yoga is the practice of bridging mindful awareness with your actions.
It is central to our practice at Clear Sky because we believe that bringing mindful awareness into our activities makes us more more clear, compassionate and effective at work, at home and in our relationships. And from there we can change the world!
That is why we offer a package that gives you a few hours a day of scheduled time for individual meditative service activity. During your retreat you will be given simple tasks.
Your mindful Karma Yoga may include seasonal activities such as:
- General maintenance on the property (for example, chopping firewood or shovelling snow in the fall and winter)
- Gardening, weeding, and harvesting in our garden or food forest (spring & summer)
- Simple ironing or cleaning activities
Your practice is to bring awareness to the feelings, sensations and thoughts that arise while doing the task.
Other retreatants find this a very supportive part of their day, particularly in a short retreat. They report feeling more energized and focussed when they go back to their formal practice.
We’re in the East Kootenays B.C., Canada, an hour from the US border and four hours from Calgary by car. The nearest town is Cranbrook, and we are 40 minutes from the Canadian Rockies International Airport. Click here to see a map of our location.