Operations Manager Karma Yoga Position
Are you seeking to make good use of your considerable skills, while applying them to an experience that will transform your life and perspective? Are you in transition and looking for an explorative and supportive environment to clean up big areas of your life and strengthen your spiritual growth?
Why immerse yourself in a spiritual community?
In short, it’s easier with others. Modern living demands much of our energy and resources on a daily basis. This makes it challenging to find the resources (will, time and/or money) to actually spend an extended period of time in retreat and/or in depth exploration. Spending time in the embrace of a spiritual container, like that of a retreat center, is deeply nourishing and transformative. The supportive and often invisible conditions the retreat container and an awakening community provides, can spark small and often profound changes on one’s life path. This heightened awareness and depth of experience, facilitates your ability to deeply appreciate and focus on what really matters.
A deep diving immersion experience like this is not easy to find and makes for rich rewards for those who do. (Added benefits are spending quality time in community and nature, including with Sonora- one of our residential teachers’ horse, who brings ongoing opportunities to connect deeply and mirror our mind states back to us more frequently.) Quickly you can develop and broaden your skillsets, inner strength, and confidence. Over the years, we have seen our participants leave much more connected to themselves and others. They are more energized, and focused, able to show up, communicate and participate in their world, in more meaningful ways.
Length of Stay
The 2017 Operations Manager Karma Yoga position is a three -month to two-year commitment. All positions have a one month trial period. If you are a member of our community and would like to apply to spend some time assisting in this role and some time in retreat, this is also possible.
You are eligible to apply for our karma yoga program if:
- you have a heart for spiritual exploration
- you want to reap the benefits of living in a conscious and awakening community (see above)
- you can commit to a minimum of a 6 month stay
- you have a minimum of $5000 in personal savings
- you can budget $75+ a week for personal expenses
From the Karma Yoga program you will receive and develop your spiritual, life, and career skills. Karma Yoga program participants will also receive meals, accommodation, and amenities for the length of their stay, to the value of $750 per month.
Operations Manager Karma Yoga Position – the role
Clear Sky Meditation and Study foundation is pleased to offer a position in its unique and highly successful Karma Yoga program for a skilled, energetic, versatile, resourceful, and engaged individual to undertake the role of Operations Manager.
As an explorative being, you know that the most successful projects begin and end with inner work, and value new as well as familiar tools and methodologies to support you in that work.
As Operations Manager, you know that some projects are easier with the help of others. You have fundamental knowledge of and experience in one or more trade skills, can maintain heating, plumbing, and electrical systems and respond to minor carpentry, electrical and plumbing troubleshooting issues.
You appreciate the importance of organized project planning and implementation, and communicating these pro-actively with the retreat center team. You also value an organized and tidy work space.
Desirable areas of expertise include one or more of: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, vehicle mechanics, forestry, irrigation.
While at Clear Sky, you will find that conversations shape your unfoldment and the space that you share with others. In addition to your core activities, you will participate in Clear Sky’s dynamic and exciting Karma Yoga personal development program. This program brings adventuresome individuals together to explore, question, and learn in individual and group contexts. Through meditation, group interaction, wisdom teachings and study, you will enter Clear Sky’s leading edge environment wherein the training for personal and group unfoldment is the central purpose.
As Operations Manager, you recognize the value that structure and routine have within growing organizations. Every day, you are invaluable to the entire team because your contribution helps all of us honor the space that we occupy.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
- Engaging with founding Teachers, Doug and Catherine Sensei, and the Clear Sky community, in the ongoing personal growth process.
- Supporting the vision and principles of Clear Sky and contributing to its evolution;
- Supporting yourself and the awakening retreat community by contributing to cooking, cleaning, and other shared center duties;
- Overseeing the completion of maintenance projects, such as, irrigation installation, roof repair, or water pipe insulation;
- Completing routine weekly and monthly maintenance duties with special attention to seasonal tasks, such as, winterizing buildings, maintaining the water filtration system, and chopping firewood;
- Coordinating and overseeing the care for Clear Sky buildings, including that of the founding teachers;
- Repairing infrastructure malfunction as it arises;
- Taking an active role in handling unexpected and emergency situations;
- Managing the maintenance budget, including proposing budgets to the center’s treasurer;
- Liaising with the Board to contract maintenance by subcontractors where required;
- Helping maintain Clear Sky’s five principles of a spiritual container when interacting with the on-site team, karma yogis, and retreatants;
- Supervising other Karma Yogis that are performing maintenance tasks;
- Communicating with on-site core members to coordinate group tasks;
- Participating in weekly meetings and activities with other Clear Sky residents and members;
- Representing Clear Sky in the wider community. Occasionally attend local community meetings and conferences;