Karma Yoga – Service Stay or Virtual Opportunity:
Website, Marketing & Creative Media team roles
“Do you want to be of the greatest benefit for others?”
It’s a very exciting time for Clear Sky.
For the last several months we’ve developed new messaging around the core principles that our retreat centre has come to represent over its eleven years of existence. Now, we’re on the verge of creating a new WordPress website, expanding our programming for 2017, and beginning to add new media content – all geared to letting new people find the teachers and the dharma and helping the centre flourish.
With this growth in mind, we’re offering opportunities for people to join the marketing team – to maintain and update our website, help create media content and support the marketing function in general. It’s an ideal way to get involved virtually or onsite, share your skills and learn new ones.
August 1st, 2016
We’re looking for skills in the following areas:
- WordPress site administration
- WordPress page creation, layout and editing
- Photo and media management
- Social media management and scheduling
- Constant Contact marketing software
- Audio and video editing and production
- Online course presentation
The qualities we’re looking for:
“Do you love to connect ideas and people?”
Contact us to apply or find out more if you:
- Have a heart for spiritual exploration and like what you see at Clear Sky
- Have a proactive, engaged, ‘let’s do this’ approach
- Can embrace the use of social media, marketing and sales to promote a wholesome organisation
- Have a sense of what makes people tick – you know or want to learn what kind of content and media will magnetise and engage people
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bring a strong desire to work in a team that is making a difference
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritize tasks and follow through to completion
- Have a willingness to work within a structure that supports SMART teamwork
“Karma yoga – meditation in action – has brought me far more insights and breakthroughs than sitting on the cushion.”
-Andy Rogers, Clear Sky Marketing Coordinator & ex-Board Member
A role with any or a combination of these skills could be part of our three-month Service Stay program, or done as a virtual role from wherever you are. A virtual role requires 3-5 hours per week commitment by mutual agreement.
Each option involves a minimum three-month commitment with a one-month trial period.
Read more about what karma yoga is HERE.
Read more about the karma yoga program HERE.
Apply for a karma yoga position HERE.