Get the best out of your weekend – with a meditation retreat.
Do you keep promising yourself that you’ll slow down and take some true rest – one of these weekends – but you never quite manage it?
Make it easy for yourself with our weekend retreat packages. Whether you have a regular meditation practice and you’re ready for a short retreat or you’re looking for your first experience, Clear Sky’s weekend retreats may be just what you need.
“Holidays” not always turn out how you’d hoped?
Have you ever taken a break and come back actually needing more rest? Maybe you tend to “make the most” of your free time by filling it with activities, catching up on all the things you’re stressed about, or spending time with friends and loved ones – but then you don’t get the quality time you really need to recharge your energy.
One reason you sometimes don’t feel re-energized after a break is that the “you” program keeps running. And that’s work!
“You” need to make all the decisions, right down to when and what to eat. Even away on vacation or at home alone, it’s difficult to be truly mindful when you’re still immersed in your habits and preferences.
The support, structure and routine you need for a truly deep renewal
Those decisions you make all week, the constant pull of your habits and preferences? Let them go for a whole weekend with us.
Structure is your friend, and we provide just enough structure on these weekends to let you free up your energy – for recharging, healing and rejuvenation.
All you need to do is lean into this beautiful space in nature and follow a gentle program of meditation, personal time and nutritious meals.
Our Press Reset weekends offer a light, meditation-based experience. They include scheduled time for rest and exercise, and light mindful-based activities where you’ll learn to integrate the experience into your life.
Materials and Guidance
Guidance on these weekends comes in two forms – firstly, our own written guide Press Reset – Steps to Spaciousness (value $50CAD), which provides basic posture and some classic meditations. Secondly, some group meditations led by onsite staff.
Should you want extra one-one instruction, which is available by donation to one of our onsite team, please let us know in advance.
How it works
- You’ll arrive by late afternoon and ease into the weekend with a welcome orientation and a delicious buffet dinner of local and organic food. We’ll do the dishes while you continue to settle in.
- Enjoy a group meditation that sets a wholesome direction for the weekend, followed by an orientation session for the weekend’s practice.
- Your second day provides a mixture of meditations and downtime. Enjoy group and personal meditation sessions, time for relaxation and outdoor exploration, plus an hour of wholesome integrative activity (karma yoga), and three delicious meals.
- On your last day, wake up to a final group meditation and breakfast. We’ll then ease you back into normal interaction in our morning reflection, where we focus on a question that helps integrate the practice into our normal day.
- Your morning karma yoga will be tending to your room and bedding, and the rest of the morning is yours to meditate, rest, or explore our trails, food forest and some of our 300 acres. We’ll say our goodbyes after lunch.
How the weekend usually looks
What you’ll get – all the benefits of Pressing Reset
- Enjoy the calm and rejuvenation that comes from being able to truly let go for a weekend
- Feel the lightness of an undemanding schedule and a friendly, supportive environment
- Sense the energy of a place dedicated to awakening in this lifetime
- Taste the difference with fresh organic or local food
- Experience re-connection with nature and other people
- Gain an appreciation of how simple structures and routines promote good practice and a peaceful mind
- Get a taste of meditation in action (Karma Yoga) and learn how you can integrate it into your daily life
What else do you need to know?
The long weekend package includes six meals, two nights of shared accommodation, a copy of Press Reset, and all taxes.
One-one guidance is available by request. Personal instruction is not included in the weekend package, and is offered on the basis of dana – generosity. As a judge for how much dana to give, consider the preciousness of these teachings and the years of experience of our onsite team.
Extra nights – You are welcome to contact us about booking extra nights at Clear Sky around your weekend, and we’ll do our best to accommodate you at our regular rates.
Cabin upgrades – Our three cabins provide complete seclusion for your stay at an additional cost of $20 per night. A few minutes’ walk from the main house, the cabins were designed to provide minimal distraction and as such they are without power and are heated by wood stoves. You will have reserved times in a shared bathroom in the main facility and eat with other participants.
The Canadian Rockies International Airport is a 40-minute drive away (pick-ups available). Clear Sky is an hour from the US border and a four-hour drive from Calgary. There are several flights a day from Vancouver and Calgary.
What people are saying…
″The land is so beautiful and its energy felt great. I really appreciated the atmosphere of dedication to a lifestyle of deep intention. Although our visit was short, it was enough to make me want to come back.”
“Just want to say again that I appreciate everyone that is involved in Clear Sky. You have created a space so that I am able to have these experiences out there. They mean more to me than I may even know.”
Marianne Butler, returning karma yogi:
“It’s a transformative place that is very dear to me.”
Dates in 2017 to Press Reset
June 2-4, 2017: Register Here
June 30-July 2, 2017: Register Here
July 28-30, 2017: Register Here
September 1-3, 2017: Register Here
October 6-8, 2017: Register Here
November 3-5, 2017: Register Here